CHELTENHAM POLICE 1905-1907
- The Police Department under Chief Saddington began to purchase additional horses and equipment to outfit his Officers.
- In 1905, he requested an extension line be ran to his house so he could be reached “at all times”.
- Chief Saddington requested a horse and a two wheel vehicle to get him around the Township.
- He recommended that the Township be broken up into 7 districts for policing purposes.
- His beat plan stayed in effect with little or no change until 1973.